End of Summer Sale!
Friday September 3 end of summer sale 8am to 5pm Get your 20 pound tanks filled for only $5.00
Colonial LP Gas is a family owned and operated propane gas and fuel oil company that has been serving Montgomery County, North Carolina and the surrounding area for over 32 years. We are professionals at installing and providing service for gas logs, fireplaces, propane water heaters, gas clothes dryers, propane cook tops and stoves as well as all types of commercial and agricultural gas appliances. You will find our staff is knowledgeable and professionally trained. You won’t find this type of friendly and fast response with a national company and you don’t have to put up with unreliability and high cost either. Whether you need a gas appliance installed or serviced, propane delivered to your home or business or simply need a propane cylinder filled, Colonial LP Gas will provide honest, dependable, propane service. Give us a call at (910) 576-1404 or use our Contact Page to request a free estimate for propane and fuel oil delivery, gas appliance service and installation or small propane cylinder refills.
Why Choose Colonial LP Gas?
- Confidence – Emergency Service Available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Just call our main number at (910)576-1404 an if it is after regular business hours you will have the option to press 1 to reach our emergency line.
- Affordability – Propane from Colonial LP Gas is a less costly than other types of heat.
- Reliability – Prompt, friendly attention to all of your propane and service needs.
- Knowledge – Our professionally trained staff are ready to take care of any issues with your gas appliance or system.
- Service – We provide installation and repair services for virtually all propane systems.
- Convenience – Centrally located in Troy, NC we are just a short drive away if you need a propane cylinder filled.
In addition to being non-toxic to soil and water, the production, storage, transportation and use of propane are subject to strict standards and regulations. Propane is stored and used in sealed containers and fuel systems. It is only to be transferred from one container to another by trained personnel. The Propane Education and Research Council reports that propane tanks are 20-times more puncture-proof than conventional gasoline tanks.
Propane fuel offers exceptional value, making it an economical choice for homes, businesses, farms and fleets.
The U.S. Department of Energy reports that heating a home with propane costs on average, half as much as heating with electricity. The Department of Energy estimates propane water heaters are as much as 30% less expensive to operate than electric – with twice the recovery rate – resulting in substantial savings on electricity bills. As a transportation fuel, propane has historically enjoyed a significant price advantage: as much as 25%over regular gasoline.
Propane can be stored, transported and used almost anywhere. It won’t deteriorate over time or gum up engines, making it preferable to gasoline to fuel engines that are used less frequently, such as generators and irrigation systems.
Propane can be a significant boost to productivity when used as forklift fuel. It offers faster operation and quick, easy cylinder exchanges reducing down-time.
Compared to conventional fuels and energy sources, propane is an economical approach to substantially lower harmful greenhouse carbon emissions.
According to the Propane Education and Research Council:
- Propane-powered vehicles emit 25% fewer greenhouse gas emissions than vehicles running on gasoline and 80% fewer smog-producing hydrocarbon emissions than vehicles running on diesel.
- Propane-powered irrigation systems produce 11% fewer greenhouse gas emissions than diesel systems and 24% fewer than gasoline systems.
- Propane-powered forklifts produce 19% fewer emissions than gasoline forklifts, and 7 % fewer emissions than diesel forklifts.
- Propane-powered equipment can also lower emissions of oxides of nitrogen compared with other fuels. In many places, propane equipment can be used on ozone action days so you won’t experience downtime, and low-carbon propane often gives contractors an edge when bidding on jobs.